Saturday, August 23, 2008

party time

Our little friend Carter turned 4 this weekend. Carter's mommy, Maribeth, is a super-creative, wonderfully artsy gal. So of course, Carter's party was absolutely adorable and original. The theme was taken from one of Carter's favorite storybooks: Fancy Nancy. How cute is that?!?

Avery received her sweet, little hand-made invitation about a week or two ago. It included a request for all of the party guests to "dress fancy", so that is exactly what we did!

I have to say that I had a little too much fun preparing Avery's "gown" for the big day. I mean, how many chances to you get to make a dress look as gaudy as possible? I fancied up Avery's play dress-up dress by adding glittery, heart-shaped sequins and obnoxious, pink fringe. I glued and stitched and stitched and glued. I even found a crazy, feathery, hair clip for her hair and made an intricately threaded necklace and bracelet. I just couldn't wait to see it on my little Cutie Patootie! So FUN!

That's when Avery decided to throw a little kink in my well-laid plans. She was NOT impressed with my craftiness and was none too pleased about the idea of wearing such a crazy-looking dress. Simply put, she was just good and M-A-D about it.

I'm not going to lie: things got a little ugly. I'm talking All-Out-Screaming-Battle-Of-The-Wills-Ugly. She must have yelled, "I no wan it!" like a million times in the midst of her desperate attempts to rip the dress off of her body like it was on fire.

Drama, drama, drama.

After all was said and done, I won the Battle of the Dress, but decided to cave when Avery outright refused to put on the fancy necklace and bracelet that I'd made. Oh, well. You win some, you lose some...

I won't spoil all the fun for Maribeth by including descriptions of the party cuteness here. Let's just say that "Her Craftiness" did not disappoint. I'll let her share more on her blog. Here are some of the pictures that I took while there:



2 comments:

maribeth said...

aww, thank you! i know you will do the same next month for sweet avery!

Kristen said...

She looks adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails