Saturday, August 16, 2008

all tricked out

This Momma loves to brag about her little girl. So - please bear with me here during the shameless bragging I do at the beginning of this post... It will be over soon.

Avery's vocabulary has just exploded over the last month! We giggle at her cuteness just about all day long. It's been such a joy to watch the world unfold before her sweet little eyes for the first time. It makes me so happy.

In an effort to preserve some of that cuteness for posterity's sake, we frequently ask Avery to perform for the camera. It's definitely a hit-or-miss thing. David and I hold our breath during the entire "filming" process in anticipation of her response. Should Avery actually decide to perform the task we've requested, we typically have something a little short of an aneurysm from the shock and excitement of her compliance.

I've heard it said before that kids love to make you look like a total Nut-Case. They'll do something cute or funny all day long without an audience, but the second that you ask them to do it for someone else, they pretend that they have no idea what you're talking about.

My brothers are constantly making fun of me for telling them how Avery can do things that she never shows them. The conversation goes something like this:

Me: "Avery, show Jo-Jo how you can count."

Avery: silence. followed by hiding behind mommy

Me: Ok. Let's do it...one...two...three...

Avery: silence. followed by more silence and nose-picking.

Joseph: Good job, Jennifer. You can count. Nice.

Sigh. Such is the case with the following video. She's still cute, though. Little Stinker.


3 comments:

Jackie said...

"Something a little short of an aneurysm..." Hahaha! That cracked me up.

She's a smart little cookie, isn't she? And you have every right to brag on her a little! She is talking so well...I loved it when mine started talking better because it cut down on all of the fits she would throw when I couldn't understand what she wanted.

Becky Lollar said...

I feel ya! My girls never perform on command! BTW--it was great seeing ya'll tonight!!

Kristen said...

I loved watching the video, Jennifer! She is absolutely precious and growing into a beautiful, talking little girl. Thanks for taking some much-deserved brag time. I loved it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails