Thursday, December 4, 2008

nester's garland challenge


Since having my C-Section, I've been home-bound and have had to wait 2 weeks to drive anywhere. By nature, I'm a goer and a doer. NOT a sit-arounder.

My tiny, toddler off-spring is naturally the same way, poor thing.

Needless to say, the last 2 weeks have been kind of tough for me and Avery.

Incidentally, Avery's way of showing her displeasure is to whine and throw fits (huh...mine too...) so that's been really fun.

I'm pretty sure that terrorists would be more likely to spill their guts if you locked them in a house for 2 weeks with a bored toddler and a nursing infant.

That kind of torture would make even the most stoic of all people go absolutely crazy.

Before you go calling Brooke Shields, I'm happy to report that my 2 week stint in toddler-catraz is officially over tomorrow. Driving privileges will be restored, and hopefully, so will my sanity.

Today (my final day of home-boundedness) was David's day off.

It took a little convincing, but because he loves me (and I just gave birth to HIS SON who looks JUST. LIKE. HIM.), he agreed to drive me to the one place on earth that can simultaneously make me completely giddy and him completely depressed.

Hobby Lobby.

There are some really cute Christmas Decorating ideas floating around in the Blogosphere and I'm just itching to copy them. When I saw Nester's little challenge, I thought that it would be the perfect incentive to do my own garland.

The floral stuff was all %50 off at "Lobby Lobby" (as Avery calls it), so I just grabbed a bunch of random items.

Here's a picture of my loot:

I found these pomegranates sitting in a lonely storage tub under my bed just begging to be used. They were from a frou-frou boutique here in town and were WAY over-priced. I bought them back in my pre-kiddo days.

I'm using them.
For sure.
They deserve to be seen and enjoyed.

Honestly, I'm a major rookie at the whole floral crafting thing. My first effort was a fall hanging basket that I have on my front door, so there's no telling how this will turn out. It could potentially be disastrous.

SO - tonight, while watching "Krosty the Towman" for the one MILLIONTH time, I will begin the brainstorming and researching process of the whole garland-making business.

Wish me luck and stay tuned for my garland post on Dec. 10.

1 comment:

Rach@In His Hands said...

Yay for gettin' out of the house! I'm sure you were stir-crazy.
I've been to "Lobby Lobby" 4 times in the last week. SO wonderful.
Can't wait to see your creation!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails