Tuesday, December 2, 2008

happiness and bloggy love



You like me?!?! Oh goodness...

Rachel gave me an award.
Isn't she the sweetest?
I started reading Rachel's blog a couple of months ago.
She's a cutie.
She and her soon-to-be pastor husband are currently in the process of adopting a sweet little baby from South Korea. Check out her blog if you get the chance.

I'm supposed to pass this award on to another Bloggy Buddy, but before I do - I have to tell you 6 things that make me happy.

Thinking about happy things just makes me feel...happy...
and since I'm a bit of an overachiever, I did 8.
I know. Obnoxious.

By the way -
I should totally write down the things that make me happy more often.
I found writing this post to be such a good thing for my crazy, postpartumness (I have no idea how to spell that because I'm pretty sure it's not a word.) .

In a world that seems hyper-focused on negative things, remembering God's grace and goodness is so important.

Maybe that's what God meant when He inspired the apostle Paul to say,
"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."
Phil. 4: 4-9


That being said...

1. The Gilmore Girls

(Yep. I thank God for The Gilmore Girls. See how I can ever-so-smoothly transition from the spiritual to the televisional? Talent.)


I love watching The Gilmore Girls. Rory and Lorelei's cute back-and-forth banter, sweet mother/daughter relationship, and the crazy characters on the show make me SOOO happy.

I gotta tell you - The sudden loss of The Gilmore Girls was a tough one for me.
I miss my Rory and Lorelei.
They talked me through morning sickness with Avery, late night feedings, and those early postpartum days.
The final season was terrible. It's like the writers just threw together and ending and called it quits.
Totally sub-par.
Where's my CLOSURE people?
It's just not right.

With the exception of the final season, The Gilmore Girls is definitely a happy thing and deserves a spot on my list.

2. New baby smell and sweet cuddles



3. Glitter and buttons and crafting...oh my.

Misty - here's my stocking I finished last night (I just learned how to make paper rosettes. Fun, huh?):



4. Etsy
Think of something.
Anything.
Type it in the search box.
Lovely things appear on the screen.
Amazing.
It's a beautiful Miracle of Modern Science.

5. Friends
I have wonderful friends.
Yesterday, my friend Maribeth texted me to see how I was doing.
When I told her that I wasn't doing too hot, she got a couple of my other girlfriends together and they all came over to keep me company.

They brought me a Diet Coke from Sonic.
And pizza from the yummiest pizza place in our city.
I LOVE THEM.

Everyone should have ladies like those in their lives.

6. Sugah. In all of it's beautiful forms.
Reunited and it feels so good...

Look what I found: Chocolate SHOES. WHAT???


7. This guy.
Cause he took 9 months of abuse, and still loves me like crazy.


8. Coffee
Mommy needs coffee.
Must. have. coffee.


So now I pass this award on to Maribeth.
Showin' the love for my sweet, sweet friend!

8 comments:

BreAnna Fowler said...

I stumbled on here from Rachel's blog. So, a couple of things. Wow, you look great, even in your postpartumness. (I like it and am hereby declaring it a word)
Also, chocolate shoes, the ultimate pairing(pardon the pun).

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Congrats on your cute award!

I too love the Gilmore girls. I have seasons 4,5,&6 on dvd...their witty banter keeps me entertained for hours ;)

Sounds like you have some fantastic friends!!!

maribeth said...

aww, you're going to make me cry-stupid pregnancy hormones! and, in honor of number one, i will say this: "if you need, you need me to be with you, i will follow". never hesitate to call or just pop over especially when you need some sanity or adult conversation! we love y'all so much!!!

Ari said...

Jennifer, your blog just makes me smile. Everytime. I'm glad to know you and glad to read it!! :-)

kris said...

lol, well my contribution to the evening was another "terrifically two" toddler. how's that for a friend? but at least we got to hear some little girly-friend squealy laughter, right? ;) it's the little things. love ya girl!!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

You - cutest postpartum girl ever - make me SMILE. :) I LOVED this post. The starbucks in an IV bag was the best. And I have to say I am super excited that you and sugar are reunited. I was really feelin' for ya.
I am SO glad you have such wonderful friend support. That is a lifesaver after you give birth. :)

Rach@In His Hands said...

Yay! You are just so fun...LOVE those chocolate shoes.
You have such a gorgeous family! And isn't it the best to have good friends?!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

First of all -- you are SO pretty and you have a beautiful family! And second, you MADE that stocking? It is beautiful!! And third, I saw below...yes, boys go everywhere. But hang in there, it doesn't last long...until you leave them naked too long before a bath, then it's all over again. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails