Monday, December 22, 2008

between feedings...

Turns out that there is a limit to multi-tasking.

Crafting and nursing at the same time is NOT recommended.
Glitter and newborns? Not such a great combo.
Spray adhesives and swaddling? Not so smart.

SO - here's what I've been up to BETWEEN feedings...
Remember these cute little paper houses that I got at Hobby Lobby? They are on a shelf in my bathroom.

I finally got around to painting and glittering them. It took me a full week to finish them - since my crafting sessions last all of of 10 minutes now, but here is the finished product:


Let me just say that I'm officially in love with Diamond Dust and Snowtex. They were sooo fun to use and made my little paper mache houses look so fancy!

AND - I managed to get some Christmas shopping done last week. I found the most adorable snowman for my friend and just had to buy one for myself.

Merry Christmas to me!
Isn't he lovely?
He makes me think of the sweet little boxes and preciousness that Cherry from Cherry's Jubilee makes.

Have you seen her blog? She is crazy-talented and currently my Crafty Crush.
I want to go over to her house and (after a cup or two of reaaallly strong coffee - so I'm actually alert) have her teach me how she does all her lovely, lovely crafts.

I've made a few Christmas gifts, but I'm going to have to wait to post pictures of those - I can't spoil the surprise! :-)

9 comments:

Rach@In His Hands said...

Those little houses are fabulous! Seriously cute snowman, too.
Hope all is well in Mommyland!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Beautiful!! I especially love the houses. So creative!!

Cassandra said...

i am just so stinking impressed with YOUR craftiness....i dont know if I can handle checking out YOUR idol... ;)

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

If there is such a thing as crafty crushes then you my friend must be mine...even though I'm too lazy to craft, I'm still absolutely amazed. AMAZED.

Colored With Memories said...

those houses pair perfectly with the bottle brush trees...precious!

Jackie said...

Those are the cutest things ever! You are totally my crafty hero, and even though I have no clue what Diamond Dust and Snowtex are, I love how you turned those houses into something magical.

crazigirl80 said...

I have a ? for you.....about how you make your cute door signs. I read your tutorial. I have made a couple but the problem is after I brush on the Mod Podge, it has a shine to it and you can see the brush strokes and everything....do you use the matte finish or glossy? Thanks so much!!!

RN and OSHP said...

Too funny...nursing and glitter don't mix! I am expecting baby #3 in March and am wondering how much multitasking I can accomplish while nursing :) By the way what kind of sling do you use? I am wanting one for this baby and am not sure what one to buy.

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I must find this dust and snow you speak of -- did you find it at the craft store??? Love how those turned out!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails