This is the recycling bin from my neighbor's house. It's been full like that for almost a year.
At first, I thought that maybe our young neighbors were just a little...lazy. I mean, they really haven't been loud or crazy since we've lived here.
Until last night.
Last night, everything changed.
Last night, we discovered the real reason for the overflowing bin.
Listen, if you are going to party, do it. Whatever. I'm not your Momma. I'd just appreciate it if you would do it WITH YOUR FRONT DOOR CLOSED.
That's a pretty reasonable request, right?
While I'm asking, here are some further questions I'd like to know the answers to:
1. Is it WISE to throw a loud, crazy party when you live in a sleepy little neighborhood full of old people and small children?
2. Is it SMART to slam beer bottles into your overflowing recycling bin when a grumpy pregnant lady is trying to sleep next door?
3. Is it PRUDENT to scream expletives near a pastor's sleeping toddler's window?
Before last night, I would have thought that the answer would have been quite obvious. I guess not.
First, David and I laid in the bed praying that the loudness would miraculously cease.
After that, we complained about the noise to each other while staring at the ceiling.
Then, we peeked out the window to watch the show a few times (3 words: White Boy Dancing. It looked like the poor guy was having a seizure).
I actually WISH the dancing had been as cool as that video...
Finally, at 2 AM, we began to weigh our options:
1. Crazy pregnant lady's husband politely asks party people to quiet it down and gets decked by a party person.
2. Crazy pregnant lady waddles over and decks a few party people.
3. Crazy pregnant lady brow-beats husband until he agrees to call the cops.
We went with option #3. We figured that it was probably the kindest, most reasonable option.
I think that we finally got to sleep at 3 this morning. Sad isn't even the word for how I feel right now.
I'm thinking that I may have to pay them a visit at 3 am one morning while baby Charlie is screaming for his morning feeding and see how they like that.
Who am I kidding? No one deserves that kind of punishment.