Wednesday, October 29, 2008

36 weeks and dreaming

I had my 36 week check-up today. Today's appointment was the first of my weekly doctor's visits. You know what that means...the END is near. I'm not quite sure how to feel about the end finally being here...I guess somewhere between elated and totally freaked out sounds about right.

We had to wait quite a bit longer in the waiting room today than we normally do. Long waits can be completely disastrous with a toddler. Thankfully, Avery did a great job entertaining herself by entertaining US.

David and I dutifully played the part of attentive audience members while Avery did hand-stands, ballet moves, twirls, and fantastically realistic imitations of frogs and bunnies. She's a mess.






Things are going really well. Charlie's heartbeat was nice and steady and he is growing just like he should. My weight is good, my blood pressure is good, my blood sugar is good. Basically, Charlie and I are very... good.

Without going into graphic detail (because - ewww), I'll just tell you that the doctor surmised that Charlie isn't going anywhere for now...which is FINE with me. In fact, I'm ok if he stays put all the way up until my scheduled C-Section on November 21.

I say that now, but I have a feeling that in a couple of weeks or quite possibly a couple of seconds, I'll be singing a different tune.

When my doctor asked me if I had any questions/concerns, I had to share my crazy dream with him. Because that's what I do. I share. It's my thing. My friends nicknamed me Barbara Jean. I'm owning it.

(By the way, my mom told me that she doesn't read anything on my blog because I'm too wordy. She just looks at the pictures. I laughed. It's true. I know.)

Anyway - back to my story...

Last night, I dreamt that I gave birth to a beautiful baby... cat.

I'd always heard that pregnant women are prone to have that dream, but never experienced it until now. It was pretty upsetting.

In my dream, I gave birth to my sweet little fur-ball in the bathroom(!). A few seconds later, I proudly showed my meowing, scratching, bundle-o-joy to my friends who were having dinner at a nice restraunt. To my surprise, they all laughed at me.

I know... So unrealistic, right?

Who would laugh at a cat baby? That's just silly.

Honestly, I think I was more upset over being laughed at than giving birth to a cat baby in the bathroom. What does that say about me? Hmmm....

Good news: My doctor told me today that he's never delivered a cat baby before. I'm thinking I can rest easy.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

That dream is crazy! I would have freaked out if I dreamed something like that...good thing you know that it's not possible. :)

So close! You're gonna have a baby by Thanksgiving!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Such good news that things are going so well with you and Charlie! :) That's great!

Wow. I hardly know what to say about the cat baby. That's really...warped. :) I've had some crazy dreams while I was pregnant too! Just none where I gave birth to a feline. :)

Rach@In His Hands said...

Yikes! That was a freaky dream!
I'm so happy that you and Baby Charlie are looking "good"! Praying that things keep going that way!

Unknown said...

Miss Avery is TOO CUTE! Look at all her tricks:) Little Charlie will be her before you know it! Part of me is so jealous, because I have SO FAR to go!! It's scary to think I had already had Macie by the time I had turned 36 weeks! I am praying that this one decides to stay in a little longer!:) We are praying for yall!

Related Posts with Thumbnails