Thursday, July 24, 2008

let's go to the mall!

*title courtesy of Robin Sparkles*

I don't know if you've heard or not, but Malco just finished a summer kid's film fest promo where you can take your kids to see a second-run movie with proceeds going to St. Jude.

Some of my friends and I made plans yesterday to meet up at the mall to take our kiddos to see Charlotte's Web.

Charlotte's Web is one of Avery's obsessions these days. We have seen it a million and one times on DVD at our house. It is affectionately referred to as, "Pig" or "Cow" by Avery. She just points to the T.V. and says, "Pig" over and over until I pay attention and turn it on. Occasionally, she comes to me - remote in hand - and says, "Mote. Pig".

OK. Back to my story:
So taking your kiddo on a sweltering hot Memphis day to a cool indoor movie sounds like a really great idea, huh? My friends and I thought so.

Evidently, every Day Care in Memphis thought so too. By the time I arrived (late as usual) to meet my friends at the movie, the entire theatre was full of little guys in matching t-shirts.

Instead of watching the movie, we settled for a nauseating ride on the carousel, lunch at Chic-fil-a, and play time in the indoor playground. The morning ended up being really fun. The kids enjoyed eating nuggets and playing bumper cars with the rolling high-chairs (much to the chagrin of a few sour-puss observers) and the mommies enjoyed catching up.



Sharing movie popcorn. Miller insisted on getting it despite the fact that we didn't go to the movie.

Emma and Avery in the "Plane".

Carter is giving Avery love. Avery is trying to get away...

2 comments:

The Perkins Trio said...

hee, hee, robin sparkles is turning up everywhere! :) we almost went to the movie too! would've been late... would've seen ya at chik-fil-a! we need to let the girls play soon.

Medical Blog said...

My friends and I thought so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails