Wednesday, September 3, 2008

day of doom

It's midnight. Guess what I'm about to do?

Eat.

Eat, eat, eat, eat, eat.

My Gestational Diabetes/Glucose Tolerance Test is in a few hours.

After a month of staring at the bottle of orange evilness lurking in the back of my fridge, the Dreaded Day of Doom has finally arrived. Evil-In-A-Bottle and I are about to come face-to-face.

I am beyond sad. I'm completely despondent.

Hang on while I check the online Thesaurus for more sad words...

I'm lachrymose, melancholic, dispirited, and utterly tenebrific. You heard me. I said "tenebrific".

I guess I'm anticipating the worst case scenario here. During my pregnancy with Avery, I failed the initial Glucose Tolerance test and had to return for the second, more extensive, 3-hour round. That sugary non-sense sat in my belly for about 2.5 seconds before I puked it's orange stickiness all over the place. It was NOT pretty.

I hate puking. I despise puking. I'm deathly afraid of puking...and I'm even more afraid of puking in public.

Pray for me, my Sisters. Pray hard. Pray like you've never prayed before. Pray passionately, dithyrambically and even...perfervidly.

I'm gonna need it. The girl sitting next to me might need it too.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Just got back into town and it is LATE so I don't have time right now to read all of your posts that I have missed this week...but wanted to say I am praying for ya! As a fellow despiser of the puking (and that is putting it mildly) I so feel you. Here's hoping it will be much, much better this time around!

Hey, your comment on my last post made my day! :)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, sweet girl, I am SO lachrymose with you because I would feel the same way. It will all be over soon, but I am praying for you today. You can do (endure) all things through Christ. You CAN. He promised. He is with you, holding you by your right hand, and perhaps your forehead at just the right moment. But maybe you will not get sick at all (Please, Lord).

SarahHub said...

Oh, I hate puking too! I cry every single time.

You're in my prayers today!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I failed that dumb test with all three kids...and then took the 3 hour one and was fine every time.

Adding you to my blogroll new friend :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails