Saturday, May 7, 2011

house love

 I'm enjoying our house so much.
Look what bloomed in our yard during the month of April...
I only wish the blooms would have stayed longer...
It's been so fun to discover the things we have growing in our yard.

These little guys like our yard too.
I bought them at Hobby Lobby one day after Avery and Charlie completely freaked out over them. The boy gnome was quickly claimed by Charlie while the girl was scooped up by Avery. Charlie was totally confused and nooooot pleased about the "putting them in the garden" part. It was a real battle to get him to leave them outside.

So now, whenever Charlie walks out the door and sees the gnomes, he pulls the "Juliet" gnome out of the ground and throws her down on our driveway. Her head has been broken off and glued back at least 4 times now. I'm pretty sure he does it just to tick Avery off.
And it works.

He's a tender, gentle lamb, my Charlie Boy.

Should you be tempted to feel the slightest bit of jealousy over my lovely front yard, allow me to take you on a tour of the back.

This is our super awesome pool.
That's filled with super awesome frogs.
And surrounded by our super awesome dilapidated fence...
Which a gigantic, super awesome tree branch is lying across.
That's still there after our last crazy bought of super awesome storms.

Like that broken diving board? It's still hanging out in my backyard if you'd like to have it.
We've affectionately named our pretty little swimming hole the "Frankenstein Pool". Since, after several diagnosis from various pool experts, it'd been discovered to be a total and complete enigma. One man who has been in the pool business for over 20 years told us that he'd never seen anything like it before.
Awesome.

Bottom line: It's a hodge podge, crazy nightmare of a pool.
A breeding ground for Botulism and the Black Plague.
And it must go.
Next year. When we have more money.
But for now, we've decided that we'll just clean it, cover it, and pretend it doesn't exist.
So that my kids don't get Malaria this summer.

Gross.

We've been working like crazy around this place to get things in order and livable. Look for pictures soon.

4 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

It's beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics :)

I love the idea of covering the pool and pretending it doesn't exist...that's what I do with our messy basement. ;)

Happy Mother's Day!

beth said...

I'm so jealous of your azaleas!!!! The front looks sooo pretty and nobody has to see the back unless you want them to:) I'm sure it will be gorgeous....later:)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous house! I have recently discovered your blog and have been catching up on all your posts. Lovely family and I can't wait to see photos of your new house. :)

The Moseley Family said...

oh my!! love it! looks just like the Father of the Bride movie!!!! wow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails