Tuesday, April 5, 2011

something positive...and encouraging...

Yesterday, we were all driving in the car listening to the only safe radio station in the country (Klove) when one of the 5 songs they play came on the air.

No, it wasn't something by Third Day.
Or something by Toby Mac.
Or even something by The Newsboys.
I know.
Shocking, right?
2 more guesses...
Nope. Not Casting Crowns.
Come on... you're so close...
Seriously? Steve Green? Now you're not even trying.
It was Chris Tomlin.
Duh.

Anyway - we were driving along when Avery started singing along with the song "Indescribable" . If you've never heard the song, you may not know that it's full of words like "incomparable", "uncontainable", and "awestruck".
Big 'ol churchy SAT words. 
Words that no normal 4 year-old could possibly pronounce - much less understand the meanings of.
So, as you can probably imagine, much of Avery's singing involved mumbling through those crazy big words... but she was plugging along just the same.
It makes my heart happy when she does that.

When the song got to the chorus, I heard her sing:
you see the depths of my heart and you love me the same...
you're an amazing guy.
...and a huuuge smile spread across my face.
Because it's so true.
Who needs big 'ol SAT words?
God is an amazing guy.


1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

P.R.E.C.I.O.U.S. I love her smile! You're funny...the songs on Klove...no joke, right? It makes me happy when I hear my kids singing along, too! Especially b/c a lot of those songs are straight out of Scripture. Glad you're blogging again! I've missed your writing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails