Monday, April 4, 2011

happy birthday to yooooou

March is Birthday Month for David and me. We have birthdays exactly 10 days and 3 years apart.

March is also the time of year that I like to rag on David for being SOOOO much older than me. 'Cause I'm a super sweet wifey.

This year, we celebrated Birthday Month surrounded by boxes in our new house. By the way - have I mentioned that we have a NEW house????? Have I???? Because we do. Oh we do.

Anyway - Partly to escape Box Land for a bit, and partly to do something different and fun, I took Avery and Charlie to a pottery painting studio to make David's birthday gift.

I totally loved watching my little guys at work...

My precocious and not-so-shockingly perfectionistic Avery took her time, chose her colors thoughtfully, and carefully painted each ring on her plate slowly and methodically.

That's my girl.

Charlie painted for approximately 2.5 seconds with several random colors using several random brushes at once, before deciding that pulling pottery pieces from the wall and playing in the dirty paint water was way more fun.

That's my boy.

I have to say, I think they turned out just perfect.

Another Birthday Month came and went and I spent every second with the people I love most in the world.

Life is pretty awesome.

2 comments:

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Awwwww, I love little kid writing! :) So sweet.

Unknown said...

Love the plates! Precious.

And, birthday months are the best!

Related Posts with Thumbnails