It's me. Your 31 (almost 32) year-old counterpart.
Don't waist your time switching majors. It won't be worth it. IN FACT, if you switch majors now, you will have to take a STUPID Intro to Theatre class that you will get a "C" in for nada.
While I'm dishing out the advice, here are some more helpful hints for you:
1. I know you've had your heart broken recently. I know it hurts. I know it hurts so bad you think you'll never get over it. But you will.
2. Know that You DON'T have impossibly high standards for a guy. One day you'll meet someone who meets every one of them. Seriously. Even the the little details that you didn't think you'd find in someone. It's pretty cool.
3. If a cop asks you out on a date, don't reschedule or try to get out of it. You'll like him.
4. Study. Study. Study.
Please study. I know it's hard to concentrate right now, but if you stop obsessing over boys, you'll be able to do it.
5. Graduate as soon as you can. You are going to LOVE teaching and wish that you had more time to do it. In fact, go ahead and start working on your Masters while your parents are still footing the bill. Student Loans stink.
6. In a few years, you won't remember the names of half of the people you
7. Put down the tweezers too. Eyebrows are a good thing.
8. Save your money. As much as you can.
9. Pay cash upfront for your car so you can save your money for other things... things like pretty flowers for your wedding. If you don't, you'll have to go with a cheap-o florist and be really sad. Really sad.
10. Certain people will try to tell you that pink isn't an acceptable bridesmaid gown color. Don't listen. Have that pink wedding.
11. "The Rachel" won't always be a cute hairstyle and "Friends" will come to an end. You will go on with life. The world won't implode.
12. Spend all the time you can with your grandparents. Ask your grandmother to teach you how to make those cute little booties she knits.
13. You may think that you look cute in that little black skirt you have in your closet...and you do. But it's TOO SHORT. Don't wear it to church, Genius. In fact, don't wear it at all.
One more thing... It's a biggie.
You won't have a baby until you're 29. It sounds old, huh? It's NOT. The thing is, getting pregnant won't be easy for you. It will seem like everyone in the world is having a baby before you do. It will seem unfair. Especially when your younger sister has three babies before you have your first. It will be really hard and you'll cry a lot. Just remember that God's timing is perfect. He knows the desires of your heart. Keep trusting His goodness. It's worth the wait.
Remember that God's grace is bigger than any mistake you've made in your past. Let go of those feelings of guilt. They aren't from Him. It takes us a long time to learn that lesson. Years. Save us the tears and start letting those guilty feelings go now. You are loved.
You are treasured.
You are a child of God.
Nothing you can do will make Him love you more.
Nothing you can do will make Him love you less.
Keep it real, girl!
*want to read more letters? go to Beth's blog: Not a Bow in Sight and join in the fun!