Sunday, May 4, 2008

avery loves school

I thought that I would post a few pictures of Avery at her Preschool. I can't tell you how nice it has been to be able to work a few days a week and send Avery to the same school. Last year, I had a more difficult time that I anticipated with transitioning from teaching full time to being a stay-at-home mom. I missed having the outlet for my creativity that I got from teaching, yet knew that I needed to stay at home with my little one. I am so thankful to have found nice compromise through working part time at Avery's preschool. I love that I am able to get out of the house for a few hours AND get paid (!)...a little. Avery benefits from the socialization and from learning from other people. I just love that I can peek in on her at any time during the day and watch her playing with her little friends or being loved on by her teachers. It has been such a great experience for both of us!

One of Avery's favorite things to do at school is to walk down the hall like a "big girl". This means that getting to and from our classrooms takes about twice as long as it should, but she just loves to feel independent!




Here are Avery's teachers: Dandy (a.k.a. Sandy) and Nany (a.k.a. Nancy)
They love them some Avery!



They have really taught Avery so much this year. They taught her baby sign language for "more", "please", and "thank you", and reinforced all the animal sounds that I had been teaching her. She graduated from eating in a high chair to eating at the table and baby chair this year too! What a big girl! Recently, she's been saying "choo-choo" for trains and cars. It's been a fun treat for me to hear her say or watch her do something that she learned at school. Sometimes I say, "where did you learn that?". Such a little smarty.

Here is a picture of Avery and her recent discovery: the water fountain. She is obsessed with it. She says, "duice (juice)" and "ah dat (I want that)" every time she sees one. She hasn't quite mastered how to drink the water from the fountain. Usually, she just sticks out her tongue and lets the water hit it. Her friend Carter is showing her how to push the button in this picture.

1 comment:

Medicine said...

Recently, she's been saying "choo-choo" for trains and cars. It's been a fun treat for me to hear her say or watch her do something that she learned at school.

Related Posts with Thumbnails