Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Little Sassy Thing

Today Avery started randomly adding an "ah" at the end of words that end in "y". My name is now Mommy-ah, Daddy is Daddy-ah, and her baby doll is Baby-ah. We aren't quite sure why she's started doing this... David thinks it is adorable and encourages her bysaying, "Where's the baby-ah?" and "How's my little Avery-ah?". Maybe we have some Italian roots somewhere in the family tree, or maybe she is learning a little Pig Latin at school. Who knows?
----------------------------------------
Here are some pictures of Avery showing the sassy little personality that has just started to reveal itself to us. Sometimes sassy can be a really fun thing. Sometimes, not-so-much. The following pictures provide an example of each type of sassy:

Exhibit A: This picture is from our recent shopping outing to a local boutique. Avery found the perfect sized chair and was VERY sad when Daddy and I said that it was time to go. She proceeded to show her displeasure by throwing a monumental fit (didn't get pics of that precious moment. By the way - did you happen to notice all of the parenting books we have been reading lately?)

Exhibit B: These pictures are from tonight. We had VBS music practice at church and Avery was hanging out being a goof-ball. So cute. I like cute sassy a lot better than stinky sassy.


My mom used to lovingly/jokingly recite this nursery rhyme to my sister Katharine when she was around Avery's age. I think it's pretty funny. I remembered it today when our little angel was being a little less than angelic!

There once was a girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead.
And when she was good
She was very, very good.
But when she was bad
she was HORRID.

Of course, our Avery is never horrid, just a little bit of a stinker sometimes...but the nursery rhyme made me smile when I thought of it. Mother Goose must have had a toddler or two.

1 comment:

My Blog said...

She proceeded to show her displeasure by throwing a
monumental fit (didn't get pics of that precious moment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails