Saturday, September 5, 2009

something blue...and brown

This is my latest banner - created for a sweet, precious, amazing friend who will be having a baby boy very soon.

One day, I'll actually give it to her... If we can ever manage to catch up with each other!




I made this one with my handy Cricut (shocker).

I used the Mini Monograms cartridge to cut the squares, and then the Simply Sweet cartridge to cut out the letters and safety pins.

For this banner, I also figured out how to use the Outline Feature to make my letters pop a little more.

I say this all the time, but I'm pretty sure that everyone in the world needs a Cricut. That and clean water. And shelter. And maybe some food. But that's it.

Oh and just FYI: I've recently discovered that buying the cartridges on Ebay saves sooo much money. Cartridges can be up to $80 at Michael's and Jo Ann Etc - which is definitely a Budget Buster for me. And just totally wrong.
Totally.

Instead, I've been "sticking it to the man" by buying a cartridge a month on Ebay for no more than $25.

Oh yeah. Kiss it, Michael's (But I still love you. Don't be mad at me. I'll see you soon.)

10 comments:

Kelli said...

Thanks for the tip. I still just have the George basics and I want a few more.

Tiffany said...

Love the banner. Gorgeous. I dream of owning a cricut...one of these days! : )

SarahHub said...

You just make the cutest things!

Jennifer said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Jackie said...

So, so cute Jennifer! How long does something like this take you to make?

And this is precisely why I love Ebay. You can get your ideas from Michaels and then trot yourself back to your computer and go shopping at Ebay. Love it. :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

That is adorable!
It looks like your house is going to look a lot like my house soon! Congratulations!
I found your blog through....I'm not sure who really..you get to clicking through links and you end up somewhere and I'm not quite sure how I got here..hah!
Adorable blog!

Stacy said...

Hey Jennifer,

Wanted to let you know that I love your blog and have been reading for a while. The first time I ever heard of Dave Ramsey was on your blog. I laughed along as you complained about enevelopes and not being able to shop. Well, we are now beginning our journey with Dave and wanted to know if you were still chugging along and how it was working for you. I posted about it and you can see it here: www.19butternut.blogspot.com

Any advice would be awesome!

Have a great day!

~Stacy

Brittany said...

I love this idea!
I NEED one of those Cricuts!!!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

You need to sell this stuff! I need a cricut so bad! Sounds amazing. Do you think Colleen is going to make it?

Kerri said...

Hi Jennifer,
My name is Kerri and I am from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Just wanted to let you know I LOVE your blog and I also agree with you .... being without my cricut is like being without air!!! :)
Some of your ideas are great.
Kerri

Related Posts with Thumbnails